Dynamics of Atmosphere-Ice-Ocean Interactions in the High-Latitudes
at Rosendal Fjordhotel, Rosendal, Norway (near Bergen)
23-27 March, 2015
Update 20-Mar 2015 - Less than one week. See practical information for Bergen/Norway. Maps are uploaded.
Program updates: (20-Mar-2015)
See also links to other meetings/info at left. (22/1/2015) There is a MyOcean training session in Bergen 19-20 March.
Goal: Summarize our fundamental understanding and description of small-scale processes in the coupled atmosphere-ocean-ice climate system at high latitudes in order to assess and reduce bias and uncertainties in weather prediction and climate models.
Conference registration fees are covered by the sponsors. Special hotel rate and full board (per night): 1550,00 (single) / 1250,00 (double) NOK.
Session themes and invited speakers:
1. The Polar Climate: large scale circulation and interaction with mid-latitudes Jennifer Francis, James Screen, Sharon Stammerjohn
2. The Coupled Atmosphere-Ocean-Ice System: current understanding and processes John Cassano, Chris Fairall, Andrew Roberts, Michael Tjernström, Timo Vihma
3. Extreme Events in the Polar Regions: dynamics and characteristics Günther Heinemann, Ian Renfrew, Thomas Spengler
4. Polar Predictability: state of the art and challenges ahead Jim Doyle, Jun Inuoe, Thomas Jung, Jørn Kristiansen
- Each theme will also have a facilitated discussion session.
Organizing Committee: Thomas Spengler, Univ. of Bergen Ian Renfrew, Univ. of East Anglia John Cassano, Univ. of Colorado, Paul Hezel, Univ. of Bergen